Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thoughts from a Toilet

Do you ever have the most stellar idea for the most brilliant blogpost on the face of the earth... and then forget it, because you thought to yourself 'This idea is too amazing to forget, I don't have to write it down because its so awesome that there is no way I will forget it'? Don't bother answering this, I know this happens to you. And even if it doesn't happen to you, just let me believe that it happens to you. Please?

Anyway, this happened to me today. I was sitting on the can, and I remember having this stroke of pure genius, which happens to be a normal occurrence on the can. And thats all I remember. I know some people like to take the New York Times crossword or Junior Sudoku into the the bathroom(depending on what they had eaten the night previous), and they would thus have some type of writing utensil handy, but as luck would have it, I had nothing of the sort in my bathroom. I remember thinking to myself that this inspired blogpost would possibly be one of my finest. I cant count on my stupid brain for anything! Gah! Next time ill promptly write it down...

Anyway, this got my thinking... I do some solid brain work in the bathroom, in fact, im pretty sure my best ideas have come a few hours after eating a big dinner, complete with piles of greasy meat... if you know what I mean ;)

Sorry.

I used to keep scriptures in my bathroom. I mean, if im getting devine inspiration about blogposts, just think what a difference a little spirit would make, and a little focus... Salvation, here I come! ...I think i'm going to start doing that again.

And I think im going to put a pad of paper and some pens in the bathroom, so that even if you don't have an epiphany, you can leave little sweet notes for whomever uses the facilities next. Ex. "Happy Poopin!" or "I hope you have an awesome bowel movement." OR- "Takin' the Cosby kids to the pool again eh? You should totally get them a chauffeur."

Maybe not. And on that note- I hope you spend a little more time in the bathroom. Its quiet, usually no one interrupts...nice.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA Oh Alaya...you crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed through the whole of this blog!!! i hope i can as funny as you someday. fo reals!!!

    ReplyDelete