Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Part of me has died.

I know it has been a while, and I have much to blog about, but one item takes precedence...

Ladies, Gentlmen...Friends, collegues... My dear brothers and sisters...We all knew this day would come. Some thought it would come sooner....some thought it would be a far off.... there have been some of you that willed this day to come... and here it is(maybe) I have reason to believe that my phone, yes, the great blue brick has finally kicked the bucket. Please a moment of silence.

This was my facebook status, Tuesday August 3, 2010. My cell phone, having lasted since the summer of 2006, has died. It was a good phone. A trusted phone. In a way, it was my love. It gave me everything i needed, it did for me everything i wanted it to do... it fit me. Perfectly.

I shall miss the way i spun it in my hand. I will miss its warm comforting glow, leading me in dark places. Most of all I will miss my tetris score. I should have written it down. It was amazing. Level 13...

Gone with my cell phone are my pictures... my all-time-favorite-texts, such as "poop or get off the pot"-Laura(I was not on the pot, nor did I have any intention of pooping, but it came to me in an hour of lonliness, and brought a smile to me face) "It was a good reason for a hug"-Christie P(It was the first time we hugged, after years of being friends, it was a moment), the nonsense text Kara sent me while hopped up on meds after her surgery, "How bad do you want to curl my hair right now"-Cathy(It was the night of the Masquerave, its just funny on so many levels) Also I no longer have evidence that Jessi Whitehead "Lives to make my life easier"(She had texted me this, it was proof!) ... my games... my... ringtones... and most of all... my precious phone numbers... Those also... I should have written down... 534 was my last count. It is like a part of me is gone...

Recently...i've been getting a lot of flack concerning my 'ancient' cell phone. Many tried to convince me to get a new cell phone...'upgrade' they said...'get rid of the brick' they said.... my phone has outlasted everyone elses phones! YOU WERE ALL JEALOUS!!! ...Which leads me to believe...Sabotage.]

There will be an investigation, there will be an inquiry, all measures will be taken as to ensure justice prevails...

But for now...just let me mourn in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment