Thursday, September 30, 2010

Roomates

I am well aware it’s been a month since school has started and my roommates have been here for about that long, but its also still September, and I feel the need to update you on my living situation.

Over the summer all my roommates moved out. And I lived in my big ol house, all by my lonesome. All summer. technically Kara was still paying rent, but she lived in Calgary, and only came back here once or twice for like a weekend. I became accustomed to living alone, and I really liked it. Not having to do anything, or work around people schedules, or arrange shower times and laundry times. I never had to tell anyone to do their dishes, and my house was clean. It was soooo nice.

The school year started up again, and everybody moved back. And I mean EVERYBODY. I got 6 brand new roommates, and one from last year, making my house a house of 8. Right before everyone moved back, and I got a little anxious... apparently over the summer, I developed this fear of meeting new people or something. Which is stupid. And SO not who I am. I avoided going home. And as it turns out, I was just being stupid, people love me. The weekend everyone moved in I took a lil vacation to BC. I remember pulling in my driveway, and not wanting to get out of my car... I did though, and so far, its been pretty ok.

Kara is back. She's been my roommate for years, so we know how to handle each other, we've kinda been through a lot. Shes a little crazy sometimes, but I love her for it. She's someone I can really talk to.

Dani, Kara's soon-to-be sister-in-law, is really cool. She moved into Kara's room. I've kind of loved her since I first met her. Shes one of those sweet, innocent types, but really down to earth, and genuinely nice. Also, shes hilarious.

Jocelyn moved into the "Manitoba room"(Its called that, cause its shaped like the province. Weird) She is one of my favorites. I've known her for years, we get along great. She's smart, and witty, and ridiculously talented. We had a bonding moment a little while ago... several actually. Lol. And she's dating Trevor, whom I love. Sad, shes never home, she practically lives at the University. Good work ethic, I like that.

Then there are the young ones....Rachel, Sammaria and Keira. Rachel...always has random little bits of information to share. And she likes telling stories. Sammaria, is black. Awesome. She is actually the little sister of a former roommate of mine. Its a small world. Keira is cute, she also laughs a lot... actually her and Sammaria laugh A LOT. They are all very 18. If you know what I mean. They'll grow up fast.

Last, but not least- Allison. A recommendation from Becky-T. Is awesome. Simply put, I thoroughly enjoy her. Very understanding, mature(in most ways...lol) and honest. She reminds me of me, a cute, blonde, better version of me. I loved her from the very moment I met her. I don't even know what it is about her. You know? She really cares about people. She's one of those people that I want everyone I know to meet. She's smart, she's funny, she's super cute. Considerate. I could go on. You can't help but like her.

And this is my livings right now. So far so good I guess. The house is a little messier, I have to cut my shower time and share fridge space, but its worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment